Community Mural painting April 10th & 11th
This call is now closed. Join us to watch the artists paint their frames on April 10th and 11th on Bear Creek Path at Martin Drive Underpass!
The chalkboard mural on Bear Creek Path has been a fun community building art project and we are grateful for all of the contributions that Friends of Martin Acres and the community have made over the last 3 years. Maintaining the chalkboard mural has become a challenge and the freeform chalk drawings also have a tendency to extend beyond the intended art areas. Because of this, we have proposed phase II evolution of the chalkboard mural.
We invite Artists to submit the designs they would like to paint in one of the existing chalkboard frames. We have 22 frames to fill so we are looking for as many artists possible! Subject matter can be people, places and things that inspire you. A person you admire, your friend, neighbor, pet, wildlife, landscape, anything that inspires you is encouraged! We want this mural to reflect the values and identity of our community, a reflection of YOU. You will be provided with paint and materials by Arts Martin Acres and also may provide your own. The finished mural will be protected with anti-graffiti coating. This mural project is volunteer based, with supplies and support provided by Arts Martin Acres.
Submissions open through March 15th, 2018 and will be selected on a first come first serve basis.
Artists will be notified by April 1st, 2018
Group Installation: April 10th - 17th weather permitting- additional dates as needed.
The site of the existing chalkboard mural at Martin Drive underpass on Bear Creek Path.
To Apply send an email to email@example.com and include:
- Design sketch in any format along with a description of what the subject is and why it’s important to you.
- Contact information and any additional information you would like us to have, including other work samples, inspiration photos, websites, reference material etc.
- If you have a particular frame you would like to paint, please include that in your submission using the below reference photo.
- Submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must live in the general Boulder County area
- All ages welcome to apply, teams of artists welcome to apply together
- You may include multiple designs in your submission if desired